Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kuykendall in the 47th

Former Republican congressman Steve Kuykendall is running for congress again, a decade after his House stint. Steve was one of the first people I met when I accidentally got involved with politics and he was helpful at the beginning of filming "Where's The Party?" In fact, he was the first person we interviewed. Needless to say, I'm in his corner.

As I wrote earlier, L.A. County has some of the worst lines for Republicans. There's only one Republican leaning seat, as the Republican leaning South Bay-Torrance-Peninsula have been broken up into two districts. This seat should heavily favor a Democrat. There's no incumbent, however, and Steve Cooley did win the district. So it's certainly not impossible.

I expected Craig Huey to run here, but I'm happy to see Steve give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment