Monday, October 18, 2010

What Happens in Vegas...

... Well, it won't stay in Vegas.

I spent the weekend in Las Vegas canvassing neighborhoods for Dr. Joe Heck. I met Dr. Heck and he seems like a good guy. I like where he stands. His district will likely be one Republicans need to get to a majority. People were very receptive to his message and seem lukewarm on Dina Titus. When it comes to the Angle-Reid race, I can tell you that there wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for Sharron Angle. There was an enormous amount of enthusiasm, however, for Harry Reid to lose. "Enormous" understates it a bit. If Heck wins, it'll be because people prefer him over Titus. If Angle wins, it'll be because they want to vote for whoever is running against Harry Reid.

I met Gary Johnson, the former governor of New Mexico. I'd never heard of him until I started noticing enthusiasm for his Presidential candidacy on the web. So I asked him if he was running for President. He told me that due to timing he couldn't tell me yes. Of course that means he is. He didn't tell me not to say anything to anybody, so I'm comfortable writing about it here. (I mean, really. I probably only have about a dozen readers.) So my scoop is that Gary Johnson is definitely running for President.

The most disturbing thing that I heard is that Dina Titus' campaign is calling voters telling them that the Heck campaign unregistered them and that they need to go register again immediately... and vote for Dina Titus in early polling. I don't know if this is true. No one I know heard these calls, but people did call the campaign very irate. As they should be. Of course, no one can unregister you and no one has. Suppressing votes is illegal and lower than I ever imagined Democrats would stoop. Granted, they haven't had a problem with lying or putting up phony candidates. But this? Maybe I'm just naive.

So there you have two scoops no one else has.

No comments:

Post a Comment