Thursday, July 28, 2011

California Redistricting Maps Out

We've had the inevitable complaining from NARAL and the NAACP. We've had shouts of bias from the Republicans and Democrats counting their new seats before the ink is dry on the maps. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see all the data, but there isn't a lot that's egregious here. Simi Valley should be in Ventura, while Torrance should be in the coast. Outside of that, this looks non-partisan to me. I don't think the congressional maps will end up costing Republicans more than 1 seat.

I haven't analyzed the senate or assembly. I'd told the senate is problematic. I don't see what a referendum will do though. Who are they looking to draw the maps? The Democratic controlled legislature?

2 comments:

  1. http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/08/bloomberg-the-debt-deluge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Colburn said on Morning Joe this morning, the whole debate was a disaster, we all lose.

    It's truly stunning how inept Washington has become. Is it too late to pine for Bloomberg or Christie?

    PS. I like that anonymous openID move. Privacy rocks.

    ReplyDelete