Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CA-36 Special Post-Mortum

We didn't win. Of course I'm surprised and disappointed. I'm well aware that Democrats had a big registration advantage in the district, but I wouldn't work so hard as a volunteer if I didn't expect to win. If I expected to lose I would've found something else to do with my time. I'd guess most people on the campaign are surprised and all are disappointed.

We managed to get 37% more votes than all the Republicans did in the primary, while Hahn only got 17% more. I had a hand in the 37% additional votes, but couldn't impact Hahn's total. In the end the district was too difficult.

The current district went Obama 64%-34%. The current visualization was won by Obama 51%-44%. Using Cook PVI that'd mean it'd go from D+11 to even. It's over. We lost. But we're not done.

No comments:

Post a Comment